Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tomorrow we go!



 Before we leave Taiwan for God's great adventure in Nepal, we wanted to give you one last taste of our time here. Enjoy!

The National Museum in Taipei

Tom and his Dad next to a giant cypress in Alishan National Park

Sunrise over Alishan Mountain





One-Leaf Orchid: each plant yields one leaf and one bloom per year









Tea fields on Alishan's mountainside

Okay you foodies, here we go with the food photos!

fruit tea

La Mein: handmade noodles!

Hotpot galore!




Who knew you could eat a succulent for dessert?!

my dear friend, stinky tofu 

rainbow boba!!!

Xiao Long Bau: juicy pork dumplings



double parking?!

Rush Hour

He paid this lady 3 US dollars to give him the knife massage experience of Taiwan! After seeing the bright red slash marks on his back, I figured the video was at least worth the money :o)!
































7 comments:

  1. Those orchids are BEAUTIFUL =0)

    And I'm secretly jealous of your rainbow boba/noodle/hotpot experiences (okay well it's no secret anymore)... haha. I should have told you to try the uh... "snowflake ice" or something (it's like shave ice, but in layers??) =0)

    Have a safe flight to Nepal! Can't wait to get stories from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Looks like you've experienced some pretty amazing food...I'm drooling over here! And I'm glad Tom was still smiling during the massage! :) Now, onward to Nepal! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me while I wipe my mouth!! YUM!!! :)

    More food pix - PLEASE! :)

    Great pix from Alishan too! Would love to see more pix of you and Tom... we miss your cute faces!! :)

    Will be praying for a safe and uneventful flight to Nepal. Please let us know as soon as you can that you have arrived.

    What will your first meal be in Nepal?

    Have you had any "American" food yet?

    Ooohhh... forgot to ask you for a rock from Alishan! :)

    God be with you both!

    Love & Hugs from all the Davis family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tom and Kim!! These photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I SOOO love your website, guys! the mountains in the background are just breathtaking. Looking forward to hearing about how God is using you guys in Nepal. yay!

    Love,
    Kristine (lighthouse :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos Tom and Kim! Beautiful! Kim, as I was looking at the photos at Alishan, I was reminded about how you and Tom try to find letter shapes in nature! I kept thinking, "Is there a letter in this flower or in this tree branch?" :) We're praying for you and can't wait to hear about your first day in Nepal! - Lorraine
    These pics are making me hungry! - Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! There is a huge clam in one of your food photos. Heehee. Looks like a great time with family before serving in Nepal.... praying for you! ~jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pictures! I especially liked the Alisan sunrise and various delicious foods! Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete